Thursday 29 August 2013

Badminton Racket-Gone With the Wind



The favourite sport of my childhood was badminton and playing it with my younger sister was my best past time. It was then my father bought us two wooden rackets and other badminton equipment. We dumped our old badminton sports gear and were very elated to play with everything new. 

On a lovely Sunday evening during winters, my sister and I decided to play in the playground to the back of our house. With all the equipment and our lovely rackets, we entered the playground in full spirits. We had played almost half an hour at a regular speed when suddenly, the weather changed. It was cloudy and windy around. Branches of the trees swayed from right to left and my racket was thrown from my hand to a far distance. With wind blowing at full speed, I couldn’t move a bit and my sister stood behind a tree in fear. She had clasped her badminton racket tightly in both her hands which she folded and kept close to her heart. 

badminton racket online store in India
Badminton Equipment Online

I was searching for my racket meanwhile but could hardly see anything. After struggling for almost twenty minutes with the wind, I saw my racket lying amidst the grass little distance away. Reaching near it I found the handle broken and it was a heart breaking moment for me. When the weather was normal, we went back home and got a good scolding from mother. She has been worried all the while. But I was not bothered about anything else and was thinking of ways to mend the broken handle of my badminton. 

The same evening my father was searching for badminton equipment online when my eyes fell on the side links which talked about repairing broken parts of sports gear. After my father completed his work, I slowly switched on to that link and got the address and number. After few days, I went to that shop and got my badminton repaired.

No comments:

Post a Comment